The Town Centre Manager plays a key role in supporting Local Businesses and Partners to achieve their visions and aspirations for making the town centre a more prosperous and attractive place to visit, shop and work.
On a day to day basis the Town Centre Manager has responsibility for managing the Bus Station, Car Parking (off street & multi storey), Events and CCTV and works closely with town centre partners such a County Council, EMS, Local Businesses, Leisure Trust, Police, Town Centre BID and others in improving the town centre.
A Clear Vision
The Council's Vision for the town centre is for a prosperous, vibrant, safe and attractive town centre, of regional significance for the benefit and enjoyment of the people of Northampton and it's visitors.
The Northampton Town Centre Manager has key objectives including:
1) To work with partners to improve accessibility into and around the town centre.
2) To promote the town centre by supporting effective communications between the council and all town centre ‘partners’.
3) To support the key partners to improve the local economy for town centre businesses.
4) To work with partners to improve the environment within the town centre.
5) To encourage and promote quality standards within the town centre.
6) To ensure Northampton is represented locally, regionally and nationally.
The Town Centre is made up of major and independant retailers, commercial businesses, charitable organisations, leisure sector, Borough Council, County Council, Police and other bodies that operate within the town centre and share a common interest in improving the town.
Town Centre Newsletter
The Council produce regular newsletters throughout the year for local businesses to communicate key activities in and around the town centre. These include updating on the Alive Developments, promoting key Events, outlining business opportunities, updating on parking offers and any other business related matters.